Monday 25 February 2013

Face It: Fuss Free Summer Look


My hubby and I went out yesterday to pick-up our iPhone unit in Globe store. Gosh! Our first unit flew to Apple in Singapore and undergone thorough inspection because we found dents and the right bottom glass hollows every time we hold it there. Finally, after almost four (4) freakin' weeks of waiting, Globe replaced our unit to a brand new one. Anyway, I came up with another look like here. Yap, because of the sweet comments you left from the "no make-up look" I've posted, I was inspired to document my look yesterday and thought of sharing it with you. Are you excited?

Well, every girl would love to hear compliments like: "did you put any make-up?" or "I like your make-up, it's simple yet you look so pretty." Of course, we want to look good without overdoing it and not obviously seeing the layers of make-up we've put on. In short, we want to look good in the simplest possible way. Most girls say it is very hard to pull a no make-up look. Okay, I count myself in. I can say it is hard because the more simple look I try to pull, the more I feel unattractive and looking washed-out and don't stand-out.

But I worry no more because I eventually learned to apply the simplest look and I can say I'm getting a pull of it using only the basic and few make-up products. Surprisingly, I love this kind of look especially now that summer is officially taking over. Well, hello to more humid weather! I can smell and feel it. Makes me long to go to the beach. Moving on, this is the season for me to skip applying foundation or BB Creams and just stick more to powders and bring "No Make-Up Look" on. Hmm... I think I am so ready now for the heat, are you?

How did I make this look? Keep reading lovelies.

Products I've used from top:
Palladium Natural Rice Powder in Natural, IN2IT waterproof eyebrow colour in ER 01 Eyebrowns, Shu Umemura Precise Volume Mascara Waterproof, IN2IT Waterproof Eyeliner in WE 06 Pearl, Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Nude, Revlon Colorburst in 035 Blush, & Avon Simply Pretty lip & cheek tint. 

The look I created is like a 3-in-1. I unified three (3) make-up styles: Get Blushed All-DayBigger & Brighter Eyes and No Make-Up looks into one Fuss Free Summer Look. This is an easy style because you need not have to exert an effort to do so and take note that I used only the seven (7) products as seen in the photo above. Also a travel friendly kit, don't you think? So, let's get this on.


Get Blushed All Day
This Blushed All Day Look is a perfect look this summer. I don't like catching sun here in Manila but if I'm in Boracay, I really won't mind getting toasted lol. Anyway, this will make you looked like you've caught some sun without actually having a tan. This will give you healthy and glowing cheeks. I used Avon Simply Pretty lip & cheek tint to help me fake the "all-day permanent" blush. 

I have oily skin. When my oil starts to come out after an hour, my solution to keep my face matte is the oil-control sheet. Then, after that I've got to check if my cheeks have still color because the oil will definitely melt down my powder blush. With that I have to put blush powder again and again. But with this cheek tint, I only have to apply once and it lasts throughout the day until I wash my face at night. 

How-to: (1) Apply moisturizer. Wait until it is fully absorbed by the skin. 
(2) Then, take your lip & cheek tint and apply small strokes onto cheeks levelled to your nose. My Avon tint is roll-on type, thus, the circle application. Using my ring finger, I dabbed the product gently on the same area until it fully dries and absorbed. Depending on your skin tone but I did it 3 times to achieve my desired effect. 
(3) After that, I applied Natural Rice Oil Absorbing Powder all over my face.


Bigger & Brighter Eyes
My eyes aren't that small; nor big. But mine is hooded, so, I think it make my eyes smaller in some angle. I want my eyes look bigger and brighter. They said it will make you look innocent? Like! Well, I can make it by the help of white eyeliner because it extends the whites of your eyes, thus, the illusion of bigger and whiter eyes. However, some white eyeliner will turn you looking like a clown. So, before you buy white eyeliner, read these tips first:

Tip #1. If you have fair/ lighter skin tone, you can go for white eyeliner because the effect is more natural.
Tip #2. If you have medium or morena skin tone, go find a peach shimmery color or a flesh colored eye liner because that will look more natural following your skin tone. Avoid pure white eyeliner because it will look harsh on your eyes. You aren't going to a Cosplay or something, are you?

How-to: (1) This is optional. You can skip this and go straight to (2) but if you have some nude mattes, then do this. I applied Bobbi Brown in Nude onto my eyelids. This will give my eyes a bit of depth. Also my eyelids tend to get oily, too. So, when I had it set with this matte eye shadow, the oil won't be that of a problem at least.

(2) Do your eyebrows. Using my eye brow brush, I combined the lightest to medium shade of my IN2IT eye brow kit and apply it from the inner brow up to just before my arch. Then, I used the darkest shade to finish my brows. I tend to darken the tail of my brows because I have few tiny hairs left in there; just to balance my brows. Remember, our eyebrow is the frame of our face.

(3) Using my eye liner brush, I picked again the darkest shade from my eye brow kit or if you have dark brown eye shadow, that will do. I lined a wing from my outer eye going in. 

(4) Then, I made thin strokes on lining my upper lash line. If you have small lid or a hooded lid like mine, you should line it very close as possible to your lashes.

(5) Apply the white eyeliner in your water line starting from the outer going in to the corner of your eyes. Then, apply it from the inner corners up to the 1/3 part of your lower lash line. Smudge it a bit. This will make your eyes look opened. This eyeliner I got from IN2IT is in Pearl. It's a flesh color or a hint of light peach. The soft shimmer shows up making your eyes looking sparkling.

(6) Lastly, use the left product on your eye liner brush and line your lower lash line starting from the outer eye going in up to 3/4 of the lash line. Then, blend it gently with the white eyeliner.

(7) Curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara. I applied one coat only of Shu Uemura mascara.


No Make-Up Look
So, now that you've finally done the two, do not forget to apply your lip gloss or lipstick. Choose natural shades like light pink, nudes and corals. It's best to use a lipstick with moisturizer as the weather will come very hot; you don't want cracked lips are you? I used my Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Blush. The lipstick is moisturizing. Now, your No Make-Up look is complete. 

Summer look should be light weight, radiant and looking fresh. Agree?

Whoah! My eyes didn't disappear completely when I fully laughed out. The trick worked on me indeed.

By the way, I DIY-ed this cropped denim vest. I love distressing fine clothes lol!

Fuss Free look, isn't it?

This look is also suited for everyday wear to work. To those girls out there that are newly graduated and hired and still holding on with their go-to-wear of just pressed powder, cheek tint and lip gloss or tinted lip balms; give this look a try. Also to those that are new to make-ups and those that aren't brave enough to wear colors yet. This look is also best for you women working in the office, definitely, this look will give you a fresh aura. 

So, what do you think?


XX,


Follow & Like me on BloglovinFacebookTwitter & Instagram.



No comments:

Post a Comment