Tuesday 8 January 2013

Review: Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Srub


It's been ages since I last posted a product review. As I've mentioned in my previous post, my blog has been quiet for about 6 months. Anyway, I am here again to give a review to a certain product that I've purchased last November 2012. Yes, you read it right. I am giving a review post after 2 months of using this product. I think I had enough observation to write down on how this product worked on me.

As a natural-born Morena (brown skin), I've always wanted to have a lighter complexion. When I was younger, I envy those girls that blessed with lighter skin. That's why I get obsessed with whitening lotions when I was in high school and college. When I was already working and I've been shut-in in an air-conditioned facility everyday, my skin got lighter. Hallelujah! But then, I quit the corporate world and went freelance, so I had more time travelling and hitting the beach, hence, more exposure to the sun. I returned to my old Morena complexion.

My husband is the one that always boost up my confidence. He said I am not missing something just because I am Morena. He's totally right. He always made me feel I'm beautiful (I know in his eyes only) and that he is lucky to have me. Though I am not that conscious anymore, I still can't help myself to buy products that promise whitening. I just cannot drop it. Though I am not hoping to have whiter skin anymore, I still hope my dark areas to even out especially my knees. Some time last year, I saw tarpaulins of Solenn Heusaff showing off her smooth skin and white armpit at the perimeters of Unilab and there's no way I cannot see it everyday as that's the only road we take every time we go to Ortigas Center. I noted the product she's endorsing and it was Asian Secrets Lulur. I never had tried one when it was launched here in the Philippines last 2010. Maybe because I was overwhelmed by my hubby's boosting technique. Haha. Last November 2012, when I bought groceries in SM Supermarket, I saw Lulur. After seeing the price, I didn't have second thought but grabbed one (1) tub right away.
With Licorice and Mulberry Leaf Extract

According to its label:

"Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub is a beauty treatment which originated from the royal palaces of Java, Indonesia and inspired by the ritual called Lulur. Lulur was originally intended for the bride-to-be in order to beautify, smoothen, whiten her skin before the wedding day.

The Benifits of Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub
  • Lulur beads gently exfoliate and remove dead skin cells to smoothen and give it a radiant glow.
  • Frequent usage reduces skin pigmentation and evens out skin tone by getting rid of dark patches, especially in areas prone to darkening like elbows, knees, armpits and the area between the thighs.
  • Contains Licorice and Mulberry Leaf Extract to help whiten skin.
  • It also moisturizes and leaves skin with a light fragrant scent."


Asian Secrets Lulur is available in 2 sizes (250g & 135g) and also available in 3 variants - Green Tea & Vit.E, Licorice & Mulberry, and Seaweed & Vit. E. I got the big one and it costs PhP 130.00 only. I picked Licorice and Mulberry Leaf Extract variant. I forgot to take photo of the content when I bought it but trust me it was full. I've been using Lulur since I bought it last November 2012, hence, what's left now is only about 25%.


Jenniya's view
I like: 
  • The consistency is very rich and creamy. It is like a cream lotion when applied to skin.
  • Unlike other scrubs that claim, Lulur is not watery.The soft, creamy consistency is a bit deceiving because you cannot see the beads in a glance but wait until you finally scrub the product onto your skin. You will feel that the product is really on to do its job. It is rich in beads. A scrub indeed.
  • I really like the scent. It's just heavenly. My husband loves it, too. Aside from it made the bathroom smells lovely, the scent stays on your skin until the next day. I used it at night times only.
  • The cap of the jar is easy to open.
  • I love how it nourishes the skin while scrubbing.
  • It gives you an instant smooth finish after you wash. You'll feel you got squeaky-cleaned.

I don't like:
  • I cannot think of any that I dislike about this product.

Jenniya say:
I used it first on my knees. I noticed it really made my knees a little lighter. I was very happy. On the first month, I religiously used it twice a week on my body (except my neck) especially the knees, elbow and singit. But on the second month, I noticed that my knees are not getting any lighter anymore. Maybe because that's the extent the product can do with my Morena skin. Lol! It lightens my tan lines especially the bottom part (my butt). My tan does not fade away that easily but I was surprised that the harsh edges of my tan line are gradually fading when I scrub it off with Lulur. 


I scrub it to my desired areas before I take a shower. If I am not lazy, I'll scrub it all over my body but most of the time, I just scrub it to my problem areas. If I see that the scrub is nearly getting dry while scrubbing, that's the time I will stop because it will wear off your skin. I was hurt the first time I used it on my knees. I got carried away scrubbing. Haha! I just noticed the bruise when I washed it off with water. As I've said, it is very rich in beads, so, be gentle on scrubbing especially on your armpit.


I cannot show you a "Before & After" shots because I know the photo can't give justice. The lightening effect on me isn't that noticeable but I am not disappointed because I know the product does it job however. Also I am used of this. I really cannot get fairer 3-4 times lighter from my Morena complexion. So, a light result would do for me. I am satisfied with the instant smoothness it gives to my skin every time I use it. The try really is worth it. 

Jenniya rates: 
4.5 out of 5.

Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Scrub is available in Watsons and all SM Supermarket.
Like them in Facebook.

Follow on Bloglovin

XX,


Follow & Like me on BloglovinFacebookTwitter & Instagram.


My review is based on my personal experience using this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment