Tuesday 29 January 2013

MU Tutorial: Green Smokey Eyes


I find smokey eyes easy to do. Why? You just need one or two dark eye shadows and you're good to go. Well, not literally as you still have other products to use for your face. The major reason why I find it easy is that the application need not to be precised. The more it is smoked-out, the better. But please do not forget to blend, blend and blend. I posted a Green Smokey Eyes sometime last week and some of you requested for tutorial. So, here it is.


Green Smokey Eyes

FYI: This photo is obviously taken with a flash. We had an outfit shot in our roof deck right after I finished my make-up. Hence, the oil is beginning to build up when we came back to our unit after about 45 minutes. I  have oily skin, by the way.

Okay, let's move on with the tutorial.


1. I dabbed a little amount of Clarins Lisse Minute onto my T-zone area only where oil builds up easily and a little on my cheeks. Oh this is a holy grail! And yes, miracle happens every time I use this.

2. Pumped a little amount of Etude House BB Cream (in Refreshing) and applied onto my face using an angled foundation brush. Note that I applied the BB Cream onto the center of my face brushing it outward.

3. I set it with my Palladio Rice Powder (in Natural).


4. I did my eye brows using the IN2IT eye brow kit.

5. Now for the eyes, I applied NYX Eye shadow base (in Skintone) for a more vibrant effect of the eye shadow.

6. I applied NYX (in Highlight) onto my brow bone and just above the socket of my eyes.



7. I lined my eyes with IN2IT eyeliner in Black and winged it a bit. Then, I lined also my lower lash line just about 1/3 part. * Get a Q-tip and smudge the eyeliner except the pointed wing. Dust a powder on your under eye area for the fall-outs.  

8. Apply NYX (in Exotic Green) on your entire eyelid. Bring it up to the crease. Blend the edges using a blending brush.

9. Apply the NYX (in Mermaid Green) from the corner eye inward to 2/3 part of the lid. Blend it again.

10. Line your waterline with IN2IT eyeliner (in Black).

11. Using eye shadow brush, load it with Ever Bilena (in Cleo) and darken the 1/3 part of the lid. Then, sharpen the winged area bringing up to the crease for a sharp line. I aimed for a sharper edge. 

Then, using a bullet brush, load it again with Cleo and darken the outer corner of your eyes. Using the eye liner brush, load it with Exotic Green and apply to lower lash line from outer up to 1/3 part. Then, load the brush again with Mermaid Green, applying from the corner of the eye inward to connect with the Exotic Green. (Forgive my poor explanation but I hope you can still follow).


12. Curl your lashes. I applied my current favorite mascara Shu Uemura Precise Volume Mascara (in Black).


13. Apply the NYX Blush (in Spice) in the apple of your cheeks.

14. Lastly, I lined my lips with NYX Lip liner (in Natural) and applied a nude lipstick by Wet 'n Wild (in Nude). Then, I topped it off with NYX Megashine lip gloss.


There you have it - edgy smokey eyes. Notice how it made my eyes a lot bigger? No wonder smokey eye is very popular for Asians especially to those with monolids. Until next time.


XX,


Follow & Like me on BloglovinFacebookTwitter & Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment