Sunday 23 June 2013

OOTD: Yellow-Gold Empire


I have mentioned some months ago that I'll be attending a wedding this June. My friend (the bride) asked me to be one of their principal sponsors. My first reaction was: "oh no, why me?!" Honestly, I suddenly felt old right at that moment. But then, my husband said that my friend maybe treats me not just a friend but someone she is looking up to. I was flattered. 


The wedding finally happened last Sunday. We arrived in the cathedral 45 minutes earlier than the real time. I didn't double-check the invitation before we head out. The advantage of arriving so early was we had a pretty much time to fix our composure, adjust with the hot weather, get used of the surrounding and yeah, we camwhore!


Of course, that day was another opportunity for outfit shot. I was excited to pose and my hubby directed me like a breeze. He was happy taking pictures of me as I wore an outfit that was far from the usual stuffs I'm wearing everyday. What I didn't like though, it was very windy that time. It ruined my ironed hair. Ughh!


It was damn hot that afternoon. The row where we seated was directly hit by the sun down. Hence, we sacrificed half of our face getting burnt. Lol! I kid. While the others have a fan to protect their faces, well, I managed to protect mine by my purse. One lesson learned; always bring with you a fan when attending such occasion like a wedding.

This purse is very versatile in terms of how to carry it. It has a handle and there's also a gold short chain inside. I styled this purse in 3 ways - (1) holding it like a wallet; (2) carrying it by the handle: and (3) putting the gold chain on my arm.


My Mom-in-law helped me find my gown. She and my hubby saw this gown in the mannequin. Honestly, I find it no appeal at first sight but Mom insisted I should fit it and I was so thankful I did because it suit and fit me perfectly. I mean, I am flat-chested but the empire-cut of the gown creates a fuller and defined chest. Agree? The one-shoulder strap style is just perfect for the support I need. I am afraid of strapless gown as it has nothing to hold on to because I am not gifted in the chest area. Also, the length is just right. I wore a 3-inches heel and the hem touches the ground but I never stepped onto it. Perfect length indeed.

One thing I learned when buying a gown is that your real size varies on the design. When I bought mine, the only available sizes were small & extra-large and I am medium. I fitted the small and felt comfortable with it but Mom saw the garterized back design being fully-stretched and flattened, hence, it looks tight-fitting and ugly to look at. Plus, the length was shorter because I can see my feet when I peep-toed. So, I had no choice. I fitted the extra-large and surprisingly, the fit was just right. The garterized back is properly fitted and clasps my whole back beautifully. I peep-toed and I can't see my feet. A grin was plastered on my face and said to myself: "the search is finally over!"


The motif of the wedding was black & gold. When I bought the gown, there's a brooch with diamonds pinned in the middle of the chest area but I get rid of it because it was silver. I follow the motif of black and gold, of course. I planned to buy a gold brooch but decided not to when I found the prices are too steep. Anyway, the black and gold accessories sufficed it.

Meet the man behind the lens, the man taking pictures of me for my blog - my hubby. 

I am impressed with the face primer I used because my make-up stayed for 10-hours. In the church during the ceremony, my face sweated a bean-like size from my temples down to my ears and down to my chin. I can feel how my sweat and my oil united to ruin my make-up which I spent 3-hours in preparation. I even got my husband annoyed because I started doing my face quite early than usual. Lol! My oil appeared but minimal only. I remember blotting my oil for 3 times and dabbed a powder 2 times in my T-zone area only and I didn't retouch my lipstick and blush-on for the entire hours from afternoon up to 10:00 pm. 

Gown: Viola from SM Dept. Store (similar here or here)
Purse: SM Dept. Store (similar here or here)
Bracelets: ROMWE (get it here or similar here & here)
Ring & Earrings: WWW from SM Dept. Store (similar here)

Shop the look now:

 

Oh by the way, the other principal sponsors thought I was a proxy for someone. They can't believe I am one of them. I know I am way too young but I really can't turn it down. I spoke at my friend's wedding, too. I gave advice about marriage. When I was called to speak, I controlled my feelings not to be in tears. The bride is so dearest to me and I feel overwhelmed by the happiness seeing her finally married.

Follow on Bloglovin


XX,


Follow & Like me on BloglovinFacebookTwitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment