Tuesday 9 October 2012

Messy Fishtail Braid/plait Tutorial





A lovely lady on Twitter asked me to do a tutorial on a fishtail plait, so here it is! I hope I made this as clear as possible with my wiggly fingers - it's really simple when you do it, but watching it, it looks 100X more complex than it actually is. All you will need is a comb and a hair elastic (optional).

1. Split your hair into two big sections. While holding both sections, use your index finger to grab a small bit of hair.

2. Then, pull that small bit of hair around the same section, a bit like doing your shoe laces.

3. Holding that small section with the same hand, do the same as part one to the other big chunk of hair.

4. Collecting the older small bit of hair in the other big section, grab a new tiny section of hair from the back of the big bit of hair and bring it round to the front.

5. Then grabbing the new small bit of hair, collect it into the opposite section. So basically it's like doing a normal plait from the inside-out rather than in outside-in.

6. Continue steps 1-4 all the way down. I then back-comb the ends to hold the plait in place, you can use a hair elastic instead it's absolutely up to you! To Finally finish the look and use my fingers and thumbs to push the braid forward, to make it bigger and messier.
Then you are done! I'm so sorry if these instructions make no sense what so ever, i'm hoping the images are a bit clearer than my rambley step-by-step.



No comments:

Post a Comment