Saturday 30 June 2012

Summer Trends for 2012


Summer finally came to the UK this week!!! I’m sorry if you’re already bored with me talking harping on about it all of the time but, honestly, in the UK you can never quite be sure when summer will arrive, or when it will just as quickly and surprisingly disappear again! However, it seems an ideal time to be discussing this week’s Friend Friday topic: summer trends. Katy has asked us this week,what trends are you loving for the upcoming season?
I have already written about some of my favourite trends for Spring/Summer 2012 so in this post I intend to take my two favourite trends for this season: pastels and prints.
The pastel trend was seen on many of the catwalks for SS12, including at Prada, Jaeger London and PPQ. The pretty candy colours allow the wearer to stick to shapes and styles with which they are already familiar and play around with the shade instead. This is a great trend for work-wear – simply switch your usual white shirt for a pastel blouse and you’re summer office ready.
ss12 trend pastel
Prints are synonymous with the summer. Every year floral prints are all over the high street for our holiday wardrobe. This season though, it is all about clashing prints – as seen at Mary Katrantzou and at Clements Ribeiro. This is one trend that we will surely all be rocking on our holidays this summer?
ss12 trend print

If you like this please follow me and I'll follow you back :) Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment