Friday 25 May 2012

Katy Perry’s Fashion Icons?

Katy Perry False Lashes 

Katy Perry‘s sartorial selections run the gamut from the sublime to theslimed — and the singer likes it that way, thank you very much.

“I don’t like to take fashion too seriously,” she tells Teen Vogue. “I love it, and I am so grateful when big brands want to associate with me, but mostly I just want to take chances and have fun and truly live. Sometimes that means wearing some ridiculous, cat-inspired outfit rather than whatever happens to be in this season.”

Calling Agyness Deyn, Chloë Sevigny, Daphne Guinness, Natalie Wood, Judy Jetson and Wonder Woman her fashion icons, Perry says she singles them out for their personal style and strength. “They have the ability to adapt and evolve and change,” she shares. “Like, I’m still doing the pinup thing, but now when I do it, I want to be the pinup of the future, like Rachael in Blade Runner.”

There’s a reason for her eclectic sense of style, too; one that stems from childhood. “When I was 9 years old, my father used to wake me up at seven every Saturday morning to take me to garage sales,” Perry explains. “I couldn’t afford the clothes that the other girls at school were wearing, so instead I looked for things that were unique to me.”

And if she got teased? Not a big deal. “I stopped focusing on what other people think a while ago,” Perry admits. “If you try to be everything to everyone, you’ll only end up completely confused.” Tell us: Who are your fashion icons?

WOULD YOU WEAR THESE STAR-LOVED TRENDS?

If you like this please follow me and I'll follow you back :) Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment